Please click on the staff names below to read their background
Lisa M. Monk, CPA
Email Loading Email...
Lisa M. Monk
Lisa is the principal member of William H. Klein & Associates LLC and has over 25 years of tax and public accounting experience. Lisa lives in East Coventry with her husband Mike and three teenage children.
- Employed by the Internal Revenue Service for 13 years as a Revenue Agent, until 2000. Extensive experience in auditing businesses of various sizes and industries, including professional & consulting firms, medical firms, retail operations, contracting businesses, restaurant & food providers, and real estate businesses. Worked in the Philadelphia, King of Prussia, and Reading offices.
- Experience in auditing sole proprietors, corporations, and partnerships
- Accepted a temporary position in the “Review” department, reviewing audits completed by other Agents
- Part of Education team and taught classes for new Revenue Agents, penalty assessment and abatement, and technical subjects such as NOL’s, AMT, and passive losses
- Became staff CPA for William Klein in 2000.
- Became Principal of William H. Klein & Associates LLC in 2006
- Handles all matters relating to taxation – corporate, partnership, individual, and small trusts
- Handled all IRS work, including audits, helping non-filers become current, and collection cases including installment agreements and Offers in Compromise
- Experience with drafting of financial statements and footnotes in compilation and review engagements
- Strategic tax planning
- Works directly with clients to computerize and improve accounting systems, efficiency, and internal control
- Working with clients to enhance their business, tax and financial performance
- 1983 graduate of Archbishop Carroll High School
- 1989 graduate of Philadelphia University (Formally Philadelphia University of Textiles and Science) - Cum Laude
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Majoring in accounting
- Passed the Certified Public Accounting examination in 1995
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Reading, biking, going to the beach, and spending time with family and friends